Re: Another RSA worker killed

Daniel Nightingale wrote:

> His fault? A man has died, let's not lay blame so quickly. If the train
> driver knew that there was work ahead, does that not also make him partly
> responsible? Or what about the engineer in charge of the site. Let the
> investigation decide who takes the blame, not us.

Exactly.  If he was a track walker, they have no protection and just wander
along the tracks, sometimes in a very dangerous manner. If that was the case,
the driver of the train would not have been warned, and he is responsible for
his own actions, as a holder of a basic Track Safety Awareness Certificate.  If,
however, he was at a worksite, which I don't think was the case, the driver
would have been notified, and a lookout would have been responsible for warning
him of an oncoming train.  The investigation will give all the details.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au