Re: GNRS and other matters.

Krel wrote in message <37a26b69.17397069@news.netconnect.com.au>...

>>>know

>>>train
>>>377
>
>>>Saturday's train was a rail train operated by  GM22 and T377, departed
>>>approx 06:00 to Albury, dropping off rail at Chiltern Loop. Apparently
>>>several SG loops are being extended from 1200 metres to 1500 metres in
the
>>>northeast.
>>

>>Anyone know what loops are being lenghthened and in what order.?
>>Over the border there is work on extending the down end of gerogery Loop
>>but no evidence at all of loop lengthening at Albury,which is odd as it
would
>>be the easiest loop to lenghthen .
>>
>Chiltern, Glenrowan, Violet Town, Longwood, Wallan, Albury, Gerogery,
>Yerong Creek, Uranquinty, Wagga.
>
>AFAIK Gerogery has opened. It holds 1652 m in clear.
>
>Albury is currenrly used to cross 1300m trains so I guess that it will
>be lengthened after Gerogery and/or Chiltern are finished.
>
>Cheers
>Cheers
>
>Krel
>

>VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/
>
>Waxy Wary Zany Zebu

Just to chuck in my comments, a number of trains will be running rail rakes
up the northeast corridor for the ARTC loops contract which we (John
Holland) lost to RSA.

This contract will see the following loops extended:

Chiltern (Up end), Glenrowan (up end or down depending on cost) , Violet
Town (up end), Wallan (Up end), Somerton (up end), and either Dimboola or
Horsham(Down end) (sorry I wasn't on that site inspection)  In most cases
the cripple roads will be removed.

There will also be signaling works at a couple of locations in Melbourne and
a new loop on the Newport to Northshore line (SG)

Stephen Devenish