Re: New Fares in NSW

David Proctor <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> wrote in message
news:7geks5$p58

**SNIP**

> Fares in NSW are ridiculously cheap anyway - they need to rise to reduce
the
> loss, and to pay for the service. The all-day $1 pensioner tickets is an
> absolute joke.

I can remember reading in the newspaper a while ago a proposal to increase
the cost of an all-day pensioner tickets to $2 and introduce the ticket for
all public transport in Sydney (i.e. government and private buses). The
indignation from the Eastern Suburbs Grannies was astounding. They whinged
and said "We're not going to pay $2 to catch public transport". They didn't
even care that the increase was to allow for the pensioners in Western
Sydney to get cheap all day passess as well as the rest of Sydney. Those
selfish ladies need to picked up and dumped in the middle of Hasselgrove and
see how they like to pay about $2.50 each way to get to the railway station.
All hail the mighty Australian tradition of egalitarianism.

Ben Staples