Kensington grain siding - Part II and Spark Transfer times

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Michael wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Now that i've got that shock out of my system, does anyone have an S
> circular outlining times for trains in and out of the grain siding during
> the week? It doesnt appear to be in the NSP. Also if any arent going to be
> posted, could someone pls email me times for spark transfers? (Gareth?). To:
> mk@netstra.com.au
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Michael Kurkowski

Michael,

The Kensington Grain shunt usually arrives at the siding before 4pm or
just after 6pm.  It is not allowed to shunt into or out of the siding
between the hours of 4 and 6pm.  It leaves the siding not too long after
6pm, reverses in Melbourne Yard (opp. NthMelb stn), then proceeds to
Tottenham Yard.
I'm pretty sure it still runs, I haven't gone out to see it in a while.

Epping to Clyde Somerton moves are as follows:
LE dep Dynon 06:30.  arr EPP 07:24
(not allowed out of Epping Depot during peak hour.)
dep EPP 09:20 - arr Somerton 10:52
(usually loses time here; not enough time allowed to shunt at Clyde)
dep Somerton 11:25 - EPP 12:49
LE dep EPP 13:40 - arr Dynon 14:30

I'm unsure of Westall or Newport (Bayside) to Clyde Somerton moves, but
are very similar the Epping times.
(i.e. leaves Westall / Newport not too much after 9am)

Epping to Bendigo moves are roughly as follows:
dep EPP 05:45am,
dep BNO 09:45am (follows Up Swan Hill pass.)

Again, similar times for Westall / Newport to Bendigo times.

Just like to add that I hold no responsibility for any hours wasted
waiting for these trains;  they are correct to the best of my ability.

I'm unsure of the next spark transfers,
but I dare say a Bayside (NPT/WEST) - Clyde this coming Tue/Wed/Thur
and a Hillside (EPP) - Clyde the following Tue/Wed/Thur

Hope this helps,
Gareth.

Gareth Lumsden, s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au
**** NOW UPDATED **** - http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278
"Windows 98 could not find ding.wav - Reformat C Drive? Y/Y"
"Slam forehead on keyboard to continue"