Re: Second rate Melbourne stations

: > There used to be a few train that terminated there, it even has some points
: > not sure where they are controled from, but not used in a long time

: The points are controlled from General Motors.

And the last time they were used?

: > One wonders how much longer General Motors will stay, after all there
: > are no other special stations left. (Whitecity, Mobiltown all gone)

: Excuse my ignorance/youth, but I was only born in 1980. What was Whitecity for?
: When did Whitecity/Mobiltown close?

I think White City, Mobiltown, Paisley and Galvin all closed
around the same time (early 1980's)

I though Whte City was for some sort of tyre or cable place, but
not sure (since I was only born in 1979)

White City was only about 700 m past Tottenham

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord