Re: Burnley Grp Trains (Melb)

In article <37240D16.4E554FBC@mira.net.AAAA>, Reuben Farrelly
<reuben@mira.net.AAAA> wrote:

> The answer to the timetabling may be to do away with absolute minute
> timetables, and have a system where certain lines or zones are
> advertised with "trains running at 15 minute intervals", maybe
> additionally "...with express trains running every 9 minutes" :)

Good idea. It's makes trip planning all the easier then.

If I wanted to use PT to get from say Preston to Footscray and I knew that
trains ran on each line at a certain interval (for argument's sake 15 mins)
and I know I have to be in Footscray at a certain time then I can work out
worst case scenarios (eg just missed up train at Preston and just missed
down train at FSS) to find the earliest time I have to leave.

This would be good for weekends, IMO, where the concept of peak times
doesn't really exist.

Sorry for the incoherent ramblings, been a busy day.

Paul