Re: End of Train Devices

Thanks for the info
The reason I asked is that QR is going to test one on the coalies on the NCA
line  It apparently will monitor pressure and possibly an emergency
application
can be made from the rear of the train but will not allow service
applications.
The unit is a Pulse brand made by a Westinghouse subsidiary

The frame with two lights has not been used for a few years now
Just a single light on the coupler

(F.Y.I. NCA = Newlands - Collinsville  - Abbot Point)
--
Bazt

bazt@tpgi.com.au
Krel wrote in message <371c229e.2145329@news.netconnect.com.au>...
>On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 23:22:20 +1000, "bazt" <bazt@tpgi.com.au> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>Can any one tell me what end of train devices are being used around Aus
>>and what functions they are capable of.
>>
>On the SG interstate network a flashing red light and reflector except
>between Newport and Pyrenees Loop in Victoria where the safe/working
>snip
, QR used to have a large frame that held the light out the
>side of the last vehicle so train crew could see the small white
>indictors flashing from the front, I am not sure if this still hapens.

more snip>