Re: Interstate Platform at Geelong + elsewhere

Ben Staples wrote:

> MarkBau1 <markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk> wrote in message
> 19990416033933.10079.00001110@ng98.aol.com">news:19990416033933.10079.00001110@ng98.aol.com...
> > Why would you need a longer platform at Seymour? Just get the connie to
> herd
> > the punters to the door that will stop at the platform, what's so hard?
>
> Have you ever tried walking through a number of carriages on an XPT, with
> luggage (which due to its size, shape, firmness, colour, sexual preference
> was not allowed as booked luggage) whilst travelling at speed, on track in
> Victoria that needs some serious maintenance?
>
> If you have not, then I can understand why you made the above comment, but
> if you have then the above comment is totally out of place. :-)
>
> Ben Staples

A previous posting noted that the doors of three cars i.e. the end door of two
and both doors of the middle, can be at the platform. There are not many other
cars outside these and I can't imagine many passengers wanting get out.
Seymour + Pucka might have 11,000 but they are mostly local stay at homes or
Melbourne commuters.

DEL