Re: Quite Intresting. A Hitachi with it's rear aerial thing retracted?!?

: I once saw several trains go through Glenhuntly, lowering each panto in
: turn before it hit the bit where the tram wires crossed, then creeping
: along a few metres and raising it again. Some kind of fault in the
: wiring, took each train about 2-3 mins to get over the crossing.

I understand that is a panto has no power then it will lower automatically
and then rase again at some set time.

They will lower after a certian time with no power (to avoid lowering every
time it 'bounces')

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord