Re: Signalling in Victoria

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote in message
<7fc70e$3d3$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>...
>Clear Low Speed: Dwarf Signals (3 position area)
>When Clear low speed is displayed (green light, on a dwarf signal) the
>signal indicates the following:
>1) The points are set for the movement
>2) The line is clear to the next signal
>3) The next signal is at 'proceed' (ie, not 'stop')
>4) the speed of the train must not exceed 15 km/h
>(the speed restriction for low and medium speed apply to the whole section
>up to the next signal.)
>
>So no the train can not speed up once over the points, it must not exceed
>15 km/h until the next signal.

This is garbage, so on departing Somerton from No4 track I must remain at 15
kph till the next Auto??
Well mate both Dynon and Wodonga drivers better watch out, because we all
pick up speed when the 'van' clears the points.Departing the ballast siding
at Glenrowan would have been a problem, the auto was near Wangaratta.
Nowadays we have tripmeters which we set for the length of our train, if we
can be bothered, and pick up speed when they expire.
Rod ;o)