Re: City Rail Trackwork Notices

Bruce wrote in message <371981A3.9E0F3242@ibm.net>...

>How do you expect track maintenance to be carried out. At some stage it
must be,
>and a lot of the city system has been let run down too far over the years
>already, just to because of the sort of complaints you are making.

I expect the maintenance work to be done at night when the trains do not
run - and residents who live near the tracks can get stuffed, they moved
there knowing there is a railway line there, they cannot complain about the
noise (and before anyone flames me, I lived right opposite the western line
between Pendle Hill and Toongabbie, and coalies were going uphill at that
point, so I know all about noise!)

It never ceases to amaze me that SNCG, DBaG, etc. can maintain double track
high speed lines with an intensive daily service, by doing ALL maintenance
at night, and yet we cannot keep a reduced service by only closing two of
the four tracks (or at times, keeping two of the SIX tracks open).

I know there are times when a possession is required, such as when overhead
staunchions are being fitted, but do it at night.

DaveP