Melb Scrubber trams (WAS: Hillside Trains Train)

On 16 Apr 1999, Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> : Maint Tram 11W now has Swanston Trams stickers on both sides too.
>
> How many of rhtese trams are there?
> I know of at least 2. One with trolly only (10 or 11) and one with both
> panto and trolly.
> --
> Chris Gordon
> http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

Now Chris, it might help if you proof read your posts before sending ;)
It might just help people to understand just what you are asking! :)

According to Destination City, 1993:
There are two, 10 & 11W.
Both of these trams were built in 1908 (same as model T fords's!!), and
ran on the Sydney tramway system until 1959, their last 6 or so years
being scrubber cars.  Entered service with MMTB shortly after, and majorly
rebuilt in 1979 (10W) and 1980 (11W).  11W was fitted with a panto in
1989, for use on the light rail routes.  One of the 1908 original
features of these cars is the double arm trolley pole hooks.
So it's 91 years old and still going strong!!

I always thought 9W was still running also, although this book reports it
to be stored as at 1-07-1993.

Gareth.

Gareth Lumsden, s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au
http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278
"Windows 98 could not find ding.wav - Reformat C Drive? Y/Y"
"Slam forehead on keyboard to continue"