Re: Melb Scrubber trams (WAS: Hillside Trains Train)

: > : Maint Tram 11W now has Swanston Trams stickers on both sides too.
: >
: > How many of these trams are there?
: > I know of at least 2. One with trolly only (10 or 11) and one with both
: > panto and trolly.

: Now Chris, it might help if you proof read your posts before sending ;)
: It might just help people to understand just what you are asking! :)

Sorry ;(

With reference to 11W having a panto and Swanston stickers.
I saw 10W with Swanston Tram Stickers running up, Swanston Street near
Melbourne University, nicely painted too.

So what do Yarra Trams do about cleaning their tracks?

: According to Destination City, 1993:
: There are two, 10 & 11W.
: Both of these trams were built in 1908 (same as model T fords's!!), and
: ran on the Sydney tramway system until 1959, their last 6 or so years
: being scrubber cars.  Entered service with MMTB shortly after, and majorly
: rebuilt in 1979 (10W) and 1980 (11W).  11W was fitted with a panto in
: 1989, for use on the light rail routes.  One of the 1908 original
: features of these cars is the double arm trolley pole hooks.
: So it's 91 years old and still going strong!!

: I always thought 9W was still running also, although this book reports it
: to be stored as at 1-07-1993.

: Gareth.

--
Chris Gordon