Re: Interstate Platform at Geelong?

The Standard Gauge Platform is a great idea, but what about up Trains,
as they come around the corner and make their stop at Nth Shore, it
could be up to 5 maybe 7 mins waiting for passenger's to walk through to
the cars which are on the platform, unless the train is placed
correctly, the Nth Shore Road is a busy road and cars and trucks will be
banked up.

As for Mr. Smith saying sorry for stealing my thunder, That's ok mate I
have changed my thoughts on that idea. The writing is on the wall for
Corio, as it gone from a 3 man station to a one man station in a matter
of months, and from being open 24hrs a day to only 8-10 hrs a day.
Unfortunately Corio has become a downhill place to leave cars due to
vandalism.
As for a courtesy bus to/from Geelong this would have to be up to the
owner of the train that is stopping there, as I have been told from a
reliable source that VLP does have nothing to do with Interstate traffic
anymore.

In my opinion for a better location for a Standard gauge Platform for SG
Passenger train would be at Nth Geelong C Box between Thompsons Road and
Separtation Street, a total of approx. 900 meter's can be held there and
would not cause any problems for stopping trains, but we all know this
wont happen now.

In closing we had no chance of trying to get the SG passes to stop at
Corio or any where else, as four years of my still ongoing 10 years of
working for the railway's the staff at Corio tried effortlessly to have
the Ballarat Passes stop at Corio and timetables where made for
connections at Corio for Geelong and Lara but know that does not even
run this way.

Steve Dalton