Re: Will the last rail operator left...

mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie Daly) wrote:

>MD The Trans line has always since standardization had the lions share of freight.
>MD Its ideally suited to this task ,there are no grades of substance , trains are
>MD long and heavy and travel at high average speeds , ie its got everything going
>MD for it .

It always carried the lions share, long before the
standard gauge link to the East Coast.
As I have said before the CR/ANR/AN unlike the State
systems DID NOT ignore the truckies or wait for their
political masters to "legislate" their competition, it
went out of its way to carry them.

----Terry Burton