Re: Countrylink website.

>Oh dear, here we go again.  Having taken the Xplorer between Canberra and
>Sydney many times, there are a number of quite friendly Countrylink staff
>who display a good attitude to their passengers, and would quite likely
>survive privatisation.  I know of one or two with an ''attitude" problem,
>but given the quality of some of the passengers they have to deal with, it
>isn't all that surprising.  If you treat the crew as reasonable human
>beings, usually they respond well.  Whilst they could improve,  I don't
>think Countrylink staff are any worse than Amtrak or the former Britrail
>IMHO.  BTW did you know that a former BR ticket inspector has just been put
>away for Nazi war crimes?

I don't doubt there are some good Countrylink employees. I must admit I
haven't travelled for some time now on Countrylink so things may have
changed. But are you trying to tell me that there are no bad ones? Or that
maybe when I did use the service more frequently between Melbourne and
Sydney including using the train to go from Melbourne to Brisbane when I was
on holidays a few years ago that I was just unlucky enough to get the bad
ones every time? Or that conversely on the Victorian trains (VLP & WCR) I
was just lucky enough to get the good crews?
Or the times I flew with any of the airlines, I just was lucky enough to get
the airline crews who are committed to customer service and were most
helpful?

All organisations have their bad eggs, it just seems from the last time we
had this discussion I was not alone in receiving bad service from
Countrylink and it seems too prevalent from an organisation allegedly in a
service industry, especially when many of the alternatives are more
comfortable, faster and/or provide much more friendlier and helpful
service - all of which affect how people get from point A to point B.
(Unless you have a free travel voucher of course!)