Re: Wisconcin wants in,still!

MarkBau1 wrote in message <19990406003911.13178.00002413@ng-ce1.aol.com>...
>I just don't get it.
>
>What did FV buy if anyone can run over their tracks at a rate set by a 3rd
>party.

Freight Victoria gets all buildings and Infrastructure, not allocated to
V/Line Pass.
such as South Dynon, North Dynon and Tottenham Yards. Wonder how much
National Rail would squirm if they took the roads allocated to V/Line in
South Dynon, which V/line never took up??
They get all Intra-State track and a good rate on Interstate track
[Victoria]
They get all V/Line Freight's Rolling Stock and Locomotives

>Who pays for the track maintenence?

F.V maintain all own track

>Either FV pay for it but get a big discount of access fees, (or pay none at
>all)  OR the govt pay for track maintenence and everyone pays the same
access
>fees.

F.V. set the fees! but a watchdog is in place to ensure charges are not
prohibitive! [like N.S.W!]

>I think we are only getting half the story here, otherwise what's in it for
FV?

First in, got all the gear, e.g. how long would it take Wiscon to import US
locos and Rolling Stock into Australia? and how long [much?] to convert to
our smaller loading gauges?

>On a related note, my spies tell me that plans are well in hand to allow up
>Swan Hill trains to turn right at Eaglehawk and then left at Bridgewater
>bypassing Bendigo and for everything north of Echuca to run to Melb via
>Tolamba. The section Bendigo to Echuca (or Bendigo to Goornong) will
probably
>be closed That's the rumour I heard from a good source anyway.

Have not heard about these closures, but Manager North East also manages
Echuca etc.
There are very few Freight Drivers left in Bendigo[ if any?]
We are told that single Line only from Sunbury to Bendigo, for Pass running
only and all freight will go via Tolamba.
Rod :o)