Re: Ringwood Station

> > One would think that the 2 crossovers at Heidelberg should be left for some
> > form of flexibility.
> > or would they just shunt from Down Platform to Down line (single line) and
> > back onto the Up Platform??
> >
> > It never ceases to amaze me...
> >

> I think this is really silly - it is not unusual to see a spark stabled in
> the siding at Heidelberg.  And track machines are regularly stabled there.
> Nothing like burning all our bridges, is there?

Flexibility and railways in Victoria should never be used in the same sentence.
Flexibility went out with the retirement of the last railway manager (you know
the one who came up through the ranks) and his replacement by the college
graduates (everything they know is straight out of Jeff's economic text book).
Perhaps is also has something with - lets not give the private operator too much
to play with, we really don't want him to succeed.

DEL.

A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist.