Re: Sydney Olympic transport

David Proctor wrote:

> My concern is that there "test events" (NRL games, Bee Gees concerts, Easter
> Shows) are lucky to see 50,000 passengers per hour, and if they do, it is
> for an hour or two at the most.
>
> During the Games, there will be these sorts of numbers, all day, EVERY day
> for 16 days. How can they test whether or not a system will cope for this
> length of time based purely on one or two hours?

No.  There will not be 50000 passengers all day every day during the Olympics.
The only time they can expect these sorts of numbers are immediately after very
high capacity events like the Opening and Closing ceremonies and the track
events.  Most events will not draw capacity crowds.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard