Re: Sydney Olympic transport

I have the impression the pre-Olympic events reasonably reflect the scale of
task during the Games. However, what is not tested yet is a combination of
heavy Olympic Park traffic over a series of days while regular peak runs
also are being made - particularly to test recovery from dislocation of
services.

Also, can anyone give a run down on how the network capacity is to be
brought to a peak for the Games - are there a lot of withdrawals scheduled
over the year following?

DW

David Johnson wrote in message <3704C704.49F4B73C@ozemail.com.au>...
>David Proctor wrote:
>
>> My concern is that there "test events" (NRL games, Bee Gees concerts,
Easter
>> Shows) are lucky to see 50,000 passengers per hour, and if they do, it is
>> for an hour or two at the most.
>>
>> During the Games, there will be these sorts of numbers, all day, EVERY
day
>> for 16 days. How can they test whether or not a system will cope for this
>> length of time based purely on one or two hours?
>
>No.  There will not be 50000 passengers all day every day during the
Olympics.