Re: NG v SG

"Ben Staples" <98711576@student.hawkesbury.uws.edu.au> wrote:

> Surely Australia understands the problems of not following or implementing a
> standard. And since last time I looked, we all lived on one planet, a global
> standard would be preferable to an island one.

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose
from.

If Australia had adopted 1067mm as the national standard, it would
have had common gauge with our two nearest rail operating neighbour
nations.

However, just getting the distance between the rails the same is a
still a very long way from and adequate compatibility for
inter-operation of rolling stock across multiple national systems.

Cheers,

Bill