Re: Locos in parks

telljb@ozemail.com.au (< Tell >) writes:
> "Darren Yates" <dyates@pnc.com.au> wrote:

> >Sure, let's have some historic diesels running... but let's get things in
> >balance.
> >Four or five diesels to one steam loco operational at Thirlmere is NOT
> >balanced.

Errr try Dreamtown, oops dieseltown, oh shit I'll get it right STEAMtown.
 They have two operational diesels, a third being slowly put back together,
verses one very unhealthy W, a Pmr in a million pieces and under six feet of
pigeon shit, a T no further restored that 20 years ago and which was the reason
the show was started.

> Problem is this, there are not enough volunteers who
> are willing to put in the hours to keep steam moving,
> along with the very expensive business of keeping
> lethal high pressure boilers in top condition.

I would differ tell, I think its lack of skilled management of the resources on
hand.

The vollies are there, but get pissed off with self serving twats who think
their shit doesn't stink, standing around twidling their thumbs because some
dick failed to organise that vital machine, or are never adequately acknowledged
for the work they do.

Nic