Re: Sydney water and Countrylink

John Boxall wrote in message <3607994F.23D1@ozemail.com.au>...

>The steward handed out bottles of spring water instead of tea/coffee.
>Mom asked the steward "Why dont you pick up water in M'bah ?" to which
>the
>steward replied
>
>"well I suppose we could do that ..." and walked off.
>Strange...

Without commenting on the lamentable PR displayed by the Passenger
Attendant, the reason why Countrylink could not refill the water tanks at
country locations is because the tanks would still contain Sydney Water, and
there is nowhere outside Sydney where the tanks could be flushed in the time
that the train was there.

Hope this helps,

David "The Doctor" Proctor