Re: How many NR locos are now written of?

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 05:32:33 GMT, festy@terrigal.net.au wrote:

>> > the
>> > >

>There was an article published in the first issue of Motive Power covering
>the NRs. Unfortuntaely it is now out of print but a re print should be
>available mid next week.
>
>As far as I am aware,  the following NRs are out of service: NR3, NR95 nad NR
>41. These three units have suffered from major accident damage.  There are
>several units located within the confines of the plant at Broadmeadow. I went
>past there yesterday and there were a total of 6 units under repair. I feel
>that Gonnian are undertaknig modifiactions to the train radio and installing
>the "AWARE" radio system, which is designed to combine all the seperate
>handpieces and other radio equipment ( including the satellite phone) into
>one unit and display it on the 2nd screen provided for the driver.
>
>    I hope to cover these changes in an upcomming issue of Motive Power.
>
>I hope this helps
>
>Stuart Ellis
Stuart rumour has it that the cab from NR95 will be fitted to the
remanants of NR3 and what ever it is will be returned to service
my bet is they will call the thing NR3 lets just hope they change the
sattelite phone number on NR3 as it did  have the digits of 666
included in it (no i'm not kidding)!!
Personally i hope that they cut it up but they wont i'll bet
Interestingly NR95 looked much better than the vline N class but
infact the monocoque frame construction was bent and they were unable
to straighten it without impinging in the integrity of the fuel tank!!
As for NR 41 i havent seen that one.That got smashed at Brisbane i
think!!
regards Paul Johnston (NRC MELBOURNE)