Re: How many NR locos are now written of?

> > >if someone has produced a roster of nolonger servicable NR's.  So I pose
> > the
> > >question, has anyone done this?

There was an article published in the first issue of Motive Power covering
the NRs. Unfortuntaely it is now out of print but a re print should be
available mid next week.

As far as I am aware,  the following NRs are out of service: NR3, NR95 nad NR
41. These three units have suffered from major accident damage.  There are
several units located within the confines of the plant at Broadmeadow. I went
past there yesterday and there were a total of 6 units under repair. I feel
that Gonnian are undertaknig modifiactions to the train radio and installing
the "AWARE" radio system, which is designed to combine all the seperate
handpieces and other radio equipment ( including the satellite phone) into
one unit and display it on the 2nd screen provided for the driver.

    I hope to cover these changes in an upcomming issue of Motive Power.

I hope this helps

Stuart Ellis
--
Visit the Motive Power Web site :