Re: Great Northern MPD?

"Rod" <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote in aus.rail:

>Victorian Enginemen who have been deeply disturbed by the Victorian Liberal
>[facist}
>Policy of destroying the Railways [and their jobs] in favour of their
>Elitist mates like Lindsay
>Fox and the influential Oil Lobby, are waiting very nervously, as the team
>of Senior Management tour the State with hatchets
>honed and clearly visable!

Rod, are you inferring that Labour's treatment of railways was better
than the Libs?

If you have to agree that things are changing for the better, albeit
rather slowly for my liking, but things are turning around, and under
a Liberal government too!

Don't forget that Fox has/had just as much influence amongst Labour as
he does/did amongst the Libs.

Who is one of Bill Kelty's best mates? Lindsay Fox of course.

It will only be through privatisation that railways will have any
influence again in politics - when the rail lobby can compete against
the likes of Fox and others. And you never know, Fox may one day use
Wodonga Enginemen to help push his cargo around.

The only political parties I have seen that actively rail transport
were the Democrats and other various shades of green.

Les Brown