Re: Tangara Set T84

On 28 Oct 1998 01:47:01 GMT, cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin
GORDON) wrote:

>Being from Melbourne I would just like to know what is a Outer Surburban
>driving trailer as oposed to just a driving trailer?

The last batch of Tangaras were built to cover longer haul services,
up to approx 100km from Sydney, hence the "outer suburban"
designation.  Differences from the suburban Tangaras include:

	Tip over seats rather than fixed directions seats in saloons
	Luggage racks near the vestiblules
	One toilet per four car set
	Orange/Yellow panels on the lower front the drivers cabs
	Letter "O" added to carriage designation
	Sets numbered in the G series

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton