Re: RTM Election

In article <716u5p$pkk$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
  gioia9499@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>  I thought there were 4 positions up for reelection. As you have named 5
> who were elected I am unclear as to what has gone on.
> Cheers
> Bob

No, there were 5 positions vacant, as provided for in the Articles. These are
made up of the 4 Directors  elected 2 years ago, and the 5th is (if I recall)
, the longest serving of the remainder of the Board.

The Take-over Team brochure had only 4 candidates ticked, as a bit of a ploy,
because you can vote for 0,1,2,3,4 or 5 candidates. So they were trying to
pull votes away from all the other candidates.

It was also interesting that one of the candidates not endorsed by this group
is a staunch suppporter of some of their aims, vis-a-vis 57s & Valley
Heights. He could well be described as being the dark horse.

One of my spies tells me it was easy to spot votes from Valley Heights
members, because they voted for the Take-over Team, with the exception of Mr.
Pegum (who I believe bank-rolled the campaign), and the addition of Mr.
Mullett. This looks to me suspiciously similar to the events surrounding Ms.
Kernot's Federal Election campaign - we don't really want her on our team,
but we'll use her to get in.

Well, it's all over for another year. The majority of the Board will sit back
in Burwood, making Policy, which will be ignored by the workers. The more
things change, ....

Cheers,