Re: Tasrail loco does flying visit to Christchurch

----------
In article <363891a0.0@news.highway1.com.au>, "David & Jan Winter"
<winterd@nospam-icenet.com.au> wrote:

>Gracious me, I can remember STEAM engines being used to pull
FREIGHT and PASSENGER trains ... I must be in serious strife here!

DW
Perth, WA
(actually I was pretty young then! - got the odd B&W photo on my Brownie
Starlet!)<

I only have limited recollection of steam running- mainly specials around
the time of the Centenary, and the Penguin-Wynyard Centenary run.  Most
steam train activity was limited to playing on Dubs 6 on Hilder Parade where
it was left to rust- it was great to be on a special drawn by Dubs 6 to
Ridgley last year... I took my box brownie on that trip, but was too young
to know how to use it :)