Re: "Day of the Roses"

Wollongong Quokka wrote:

> Tim Arnot wrote in message <362FBB10.2C70820D@fastlink.com.au>...
> [Titanic]
> >Errr .. how would we know if there were? Do you have information on every
> detail of
> >the ship - does anybody?
>
> Um... the people who built it?  The sister-ship (although I think that might
> also have sank)?
>
> Quite a lot of detail is known about the ship itself... it's what happened
> to it that remains of a little mystery.

An interesting aside is that there was a suggestion that it was
Titanic's sister-ship that was sunk not Titanic itself.  Many people
were convinced that the Titanic was not seaworthy for it's maiden voyage
and at the last moment the sister-ship was substituted for the real
thing.  Unfortunately I can't recall the name of the ship I think it may
have been the Olympic - variation on a theme I assume.

There were holes poked (pardon the pun) into Titanic the movie as well.

Shay