Re: "Day of the Roses"

David Johnson wrote:

> johnparker20@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >  You're not a little bit worried that your attitude might tend to restrict
> > topic suitable for dramatisation?  If everyone agreed with you, think of the
> > very good movies which would never have been made:
> >
> >  Schindler's List
> >  Titanic
> >  Braveheart
> >  Any movie involving either world war,  etc, etc.
>
> I haven't watched Schindler's List or Braveheart, so cannot comment on them.
>
> Most Titanic movies were filmed as documentaries and every possible detail was
> looked after to maintain historical accuracy.  The latest Titanic movie was a love
> story primarily which happened to be aboard the Titanic.  Even in this movie you
> do not see stupid mistakes as there has been in Day of the Roses.

Errr .. how would we know if there were? Do you have information on every detail of
the ship - does anybody?

> For example,
> they didn't use any old plates, they exactly re-created the original plates.

That's great, but just compare the budget for the production too!!

If DOTR had the budget of Titanic then there would have been no compromises at all,
even to us nit pickers :-)))

Ciao
Tim
--