Re: viewing locations in blue mtns.

David "The Doctor" Proctor wrote in message
<70kjjr$kau$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
>Doug and Margaret wrote in message <362DCDB8.6971@ozemail.com.au>...
>
>>What about the Hydro Majestic at Meadlow Bath.
>
>At the prices they charge? ($4.00 schooners)

Not to mention the fact that they have excellent views of the Megalong
Valley, but none of the train line (although it is audible as anyone who's
ever stayed overnight at the Hydro will be able to attest!)

>there is a better one on the other side of the railway line at either
>Blackheath or Medlow Bath (not sure which) which has a beer garden
>facing the tracks, and only $2.20 schooners!

I suspect that must be Blackheath.... (there are more or less only
residential areas on the other side at Medlow Bath) presumably the pub on
the corner of the highway and Govetts Leap Road, although there is also one
closer to the station.

Darren Yates wrote in message <362d2418.0@occy.pnc.com.au>...
>David Johnson wrote in message <362C8F6D.FD424436@ozemail.com.au>...
>>There would have to be a pub in Katoomba that allows viewing of the main
>>line.
>
>Actually, the view wouldn't be that great.
>As I recall you get the station buildings in the way plus you've got the
>overhead roadbridge in the way on the down past the station.

I thought the road bridge passed over the end of the platform... I seem to
remember walking along the platform under and beyond it.

But yeah, most places in Katoomba would probably be no good because of the
shops on the station side of the road and the road bridge.  There might be a
pub over the other side near the hardware store and the highway though... I
don't know if it has views of the train line or not tho.

>You may have better luck up near Blackheath. It has a pretty good
>fish'n'chip shop - and no I haven't seen P.H. there...

I second that motion... they are good. :)  Seating isn't crash hot tho.

catchpoints@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<70jjvi$b1m$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Try the Hotel Imperial at Mount Victoria. While it doesn't have a view of
the
>line, it is only a short walk. More importantly, they do a good feed, and
have
>Black on tap.

Have to agree here too... excellent... just no view of the train line.

--
Robs the Wollongong Quokka
http://www.zipworld.com.au/~quokka/