Re: Granville

Roderick Smith wrote:

> > yeah sure, but there was a seen when both the pantographs on the train
> were
> > in the down position, surly this shouldn't have happened!
> I didn't notice this scene.  Presumably it was one filmed in Rozelle Yard.

It was filmed near Mungo Scotts siding near Lewisham on the Goods lines.  The
overhead wires had been cut to assist in replacing the overhead bridge on the
suburban lines.  The overhead wires had been re-instated only days before the
film was taken, but the power had not been turned back on, so the locomotive had
to have its pantographs lowered so that it would not bridge a section insulator.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard