Re: trial CityRail signage and info systems

>Maybe, but I did see one installation of LED displays at a Melbourne
station
>and it was fairly basic by CityRail standards, showing departure time and
>destination only. CityRail's SPI shows for the first and second train due
at
>the platform; scheduled departure time, destination, and a countdown to
>actual departure although the countdown often counts down to 1 minute and
>stays there for several more minutes. For the first train it also displays
>the length and a wide scrolling display showing the stopping pattern.

There have been a few transitions since the first ones were installed many
years back now. The current software shows:
Destination
Stopping pattern (some have a brief description eg Clifton Hill says either
'Stopping all stations' or 'Express to Jolimont', other have a scrolling
display eg Camberwell)
Minutes to departure
Time of train
Other things that have come and gone have been date, current time
(unnecessary now with digital clocks on many stations and also on the
drivers platform mirrors in some cases!), platform number (also unnecessary
as most platforms at stations are clearly marked besides it being
unnecessary as long as you know whether the train on the platform in
question is going where you want) and a few other things I can't remember.