Re: trial CityRail signage and info systems

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:18:33 +1000, "Michael Walker"
<walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote:

>in the Cityrail netowrk or thereabouts with SPIs, I would suggest Melbourne
>in fact has significantly more LED displays at stations than Sydney and the
>interurban Cityrail stations.

But the messages displayed in Melbourne are in special "Met Speak"!
For instance, the LED display of "Flinders St, No Stop E Richmond," at
the bottom of the ramps at Glenferrie was intended to indicate an "All
stations to Flinders Street except for East Richmond" service but even
several of the locals who I asked thought it meant non-stop to East
Richmond.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton