Re: Bus/train/tram integration (Melb)

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Michael Walker wrote:

>  The last Route 517 is just as bad - if you want a wild ride, catch
> the 7.31pm to St. Helena West, especially if it gets to Greensborough late
> which it usually seems to. To annoy the bus driver, stay on past the corner
> of Marino Way and Aqueduct Road, they are supposed to go back to
> Greensborough before finishing but half the time they keep going up Aqueduct
> Road and down Diamond Creek Road then the Ring Road. I suppose this way they
> get home 15 minutes early, unlike anyone who is stupid enough or doesn't
> live around the area and waits for the bus past this point and has a 40
> minute walk to the station in front of them...8^(

I know all about the Bell St Bus Company shinanigans.
Before I moved to Watsonia I used to catch them every day to and from
Viewbank/Rosanna East.  I remember one day catching a bus from Viewbank to
Greensborough, which arrived at Greensborough 9 (nine) minutes early - and
he didn't even wait around for his scheduled departure time!  At least I
made my train from Greensboro!

Then again, the Bell St Bus Co. are not / were not as bad as East West Bus
Co. are / was.  Buses on the route 560 were up to 20 mins laste, and
drivers didn't even seem to care!!

That's my whinge for today!

Gareth