Re: Bus/train/tram integration (Melb)

G'day,

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> I know all about the Bell St Bus Company shinanigans.

heheh, when on work experience way back in 1990, one morning on the 513 bus, we
got so late that the service behind actually overtook and beat us to Glenroy!  The
look of disgust on the face of the driver as he waved past the following bus past
was memorable..

> Then again, the Bell St Bus Co. are not / were not as bad as East West Bus
> Co. are / was.  Buses on the route 560 were up to 20 mins laste, and
> drivers didn't even seem to care!!

Probably waiting to connect to trains.  The guys on the 561 (East West service
Macleod-Reserviour) always held it to connect with trains.  Again from my time at
uni, train to Greensborough then onto the Dyson's Lalor bus 566 was an alternative
to the tram....most of the drivers pulled away from the Greensborough station bus
stop just as the train pulled in....if you sprinted hard enough through the
carpark and up the hill in Main St (the locals will vouch for it's steepness!),
you could catch it in Main St.

Cheers,
CH.