Re: Burwood (NSW) Trams

Hubert Lam wrote:

> I live in Burwood and don't see tramlines down the road after the asphalt has been excavated! Where is it anyway? (I'm referring to
> the stretch from Livingstone Street to Belmore Street).

They were barely visible as a rusty set of parallel protrusions in the middle of the road, and were very hard to see unless one knew
exactly what one was looking at.  (They have been rusting away for fifty years or so, so there is not much left of them).  The section
between Livingstone and Belmore Sts has now been resurfaced, and they have disappeared again.  I expect that more of them will become
(temporarily) visible as the road work moves north.  I have seen a number of sections of tramway rails "resurface" in various parts of
Sydney during road works over the years.

DPC James McInerney

STOP!  In The Name Of The Lore!