Burwood (NSW) Trams

Burwood (NSW) Council is currently carrying out a large
amount of work in Burwood Rd where it passes through the
shopping precinct.  As part of this a large amount of
asphalt has been removed from the road, exposing the
tramlines that once carried trams from Ashfield to Mortlake
on one of Sydney's "isolated" systems.  I understand that
the last tram ran here some 50 years ago?  I suspect that
very few passers by would even notice these rusty lines in
the pavement, let alone realise their significance.

--
DPC James McInerney

STOP!  In The Name Of The Lore!