Re: Brisbane to Sydney line

The reply was part of a thread proposing extension of standard gauge from
Murwillumbah to Brisbane via Robina and the Gold Coast line.

The Gold Coast is a large market sector these days. I was looking at road
hauled deliveries to Gold Coast distribution centres - whether ex-Sydney or
ex-Bris. or through loaded. And yes, maybe I could include dual gauge
through to Murwillumbah if not beyond so that direct freight loadings could
be taken through to non-SG Qld destinations. Maybe GNR will need some 1502s
to add to its fleet?

DW