Re: Brisbane to Sydney line

Matthew Nolan (mnolan@uq.net.au) wrote:
> I was just wondering if any consideration had been given to
> standardising the Gold Coast line and then continuing it to
> Murwillimbah.

Given that the Queensland government has just spent over $100 million
building it, I doubt it!

It would make more sense to extend the Murwillumbah line and meet up with
the narrow gauge line at Coolangatta. The majority of Murwillumbah traffic
is to/from the Gold Coast, so this would be the logical desgination.

A dual gauge station at the airport (earmarked for upgrading to an
international airport) would be ideal.

Cheers
David