Re: Last question on DVA

Well let's try to count: there are two recordings of each station (we'll assume they recorded EVERY station in the network), so
there are around 600 for stations, another 20 for the 'usual' announcements (eg. THe next train to arrive on platform X, the train
on platform X, etc etc)

Please fill in what I've left out and continue!!!!!!

boofheadpaul@yahoo.com.au wrote in message <72u4rc$k9t$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
In article <36519551.8A55A894@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> robson wrote:
>
> > Only the preinstalled sound files can be used.
>
> And there's about 30000 of them (as .wav files)

THIRTY THOUSAND?!?!  I should have got into voiceovers!  The cost involved
must be staggering, as the company with the voiceover guy CityRail used
(Grant Goldman) charges between $150-$250 per hour for his "talent"

--
Paul McCabe