Re: Ticketing (1970's) and Signalling

: > Introduction of automatic ticket machines at St. Kilda and
: > Heidelberg (March 21 1977).  What were these machines, and
: > what were the ones at Museum?
: > How long did they last (in operation) and where there any
: > more stations to get them?
:
: As far as I can remember, they were installed, but never used as they
: were black banned from day one

Sounds like Metcard.

Anyway, what I mean by remote control for signalling, is back in the days
of Vicrail they made a plan to make metrol.  And a few outer surban places
control the whole surban system.  (Ringwood, Frankston, Newport and one
other ?? )

The automatic ticketing machines were removed about mid last year once they
started to put in the currnt automatic ticket machince (which are now
due for replacement, for the same reason as the trams need ramps.)

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord