Re: Metro Light Rail (Sydney) Lilyfield extension

This thread was getting a bit confusing.

Do I understand correctly that the metro goods line (section through Glebe
Tunnel) was constructed under Act of Parliament? If so, has an Act been
passed to close it? If not, there is a legal obligation to sustain railway
use of the reservation, even if the track is unusable without significant
repairs. So, before the easement can be passed to another party, the owner
(Gov't) is under various obligations to make good the easement - which would
probably end up meaning (if tested in courts) the civil engineering
infrastructure - track being an item subject to wear and tear. So, putting
bridges, cuttings, embankments and tunnels in good order would be a
lessor/vendor responsibility unless relieved by Act or contract ratified by
Act.

Does this help put anything in perspective.

I have a question: If the light rail goes through to Lilyfield, is any part
of the Metro Goods to be retained? Along with this question, is any port
cargo or industrial activity left at White Bay/Glebe Island?

DW