Re: Darwin railway

Tom Zsolt wrote:

> Just read in an issue of last week's Melbourne Herald Sun that the Tocumwal
> - Narranderra (sp?) rail line is to be rebuilt as the first part of the
> proposed Melbourne - Darwin rail link.  The article was very small, one
> paragraph.  Has anybody else heard anything else about this?
>
> Tom Zsolt

Come on Tom, the Election is over! The bloody Libs are in and all talk about
Railways has already been consigned to the Dishonourable Members Diary in about
3 years time!
35 years after Bolte first promised to roof the Jolimont Rail Yards in
Melbourne it still looks open to me........fair bit of concrete about...you
know I might see that one before I "kark" it.  Seeing is believing..or is it?
                                    Rod