Re: New Freight Working Timetable Sydney - Bris effective 25 Oct 1998

In article <71l6sq$b7e$2@grissom.powerup.com.au>,
  Graham Duffin <duffin@dyson.brisnet.org.au> wrote:
> I have heard a new Freight Working Timetable for Sydney - Brisbane was
> issued effective 25th October 1998.  Does anyone know what the changes
> are? Are they minor changes or major ones?
>
> Graham Duffin,
> Salisbury, Qld.

Freightcorp services 1627 and 6122 are now cancelled. SB5 has replaced this
service and is designed to handle shipping containers to Acacia Ridge if not
Fisherman Island. The loading off the now defunct 1627 now travells on SB5,
and I beleive it departs mid afternoon out of Sydney (not 100% sure).  At the
moment SB5 terminates at Grafton with insufficient loading to Brisbane yet.

On the Up, the reverse worknig applies, and BS6 runs to 6122s path out of
Grafton at apporx 7 am in the morning. The X class shunting unit at Waughope
is in the process of being moved from there to Taree to handle the shunting
of the Manning river brach at Taree. This is to cut down time in the shunting
process on the journey south with the X class doing the shunting before BS6
arrives.

As for National Rail I bleieve that BS2 has been returned to the"old"
timetable. I beleive this was departure from Acacia Ridge at aprox 23:00, and
arrivale in Taree approx 10am , and departs about 1pm. I am unsure of any
other changes.

I hope this helps

Stuart Ellis