Re: Sydney's Railway Tunnels

On 3 Nov 1998 13:04:09 GMT, ROY HOWARTH <rhowarth@tig.com.au> wrote:

>Are you sure there is a stub tunnel off No.3 road at North Sydney?? I
>only recall seeing ONE single-track tunnel branching off No.2 road
>storage siding.
>
>Maybe I stand corrected (and I hope this is the case because it would be
>interesting to encounter yet another disused tunnel in this area), but I
>heard this theory before and couldn't find any sign of a stub tunnel off
>No.3 road anywhere.

I looked up what limited reference material there is on the North
Sydney tunnels (not a lot) when I got home last night and could only
find references to a tunnel stub off track 2.  I seem to recall the
map I referred to showed stubs of both tracks 2 and 3 tunnel, but
that's a long time ago now.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton