Re: Armidale to Glen Innes

On Fri, 09 Oct 1998 12:08:10 +1000, Matthew Tierney
<mgt@tierney.com.au> wrote:

>The sub heading of the article says "Rolling stock arrives next week",
>but gives no further details.  I gather they have purchased a rail
>motor.  Anyone know the details?

G'day.

New England Railway Inc. has purchased two 620 class two car diesel
railcar sets, No. 635/765 (a mismatching set) currently stowed at
Carriage Works Redfern and 632/732 currently at Broadmeadow.
FreightCorp is moving the railcar sets, departing Sydney on Monday
evening 2/11, and arriving in Armidale the following afternoon.

Details of the allocation of the railcars (DEBs, 620s, 660s), single
deck inter-city and other electric multiple unit stock which was
offered to prepservation groups, will be appearing in the December
1998 issue of The Railway News, along with delivery info.

Hunslet.