Re: 3526

Robert Harris wrote:

> David \"The Doctor\" Proctor wrote:
>
> > Darren Yates wrote in message <363ceaf5.0@occy.pnc.com.au>...
> > >Has the RTM set a likely time-frame for the return to service of 3526?
> >
> > I hope so - it would be good to see the 'Nanny' working a 'Caves Express'
> > excursion.
> >

> Lets hope they don't convert it to an oil burner like they want to.

Here we go again!

Why not, if it makes the Nanny more capable of operating efficiently and
keep up with the flow, where is the problem?

How many people remember 35 class in regular service?

It is all very well to be traditional about these things but times have
changed - a lot!

Anyway, there are long term difficulties with coal supplies, most is now
mined as slack, rather than proper lumps for steam engines.

Ciao
Tim

--
Timothy Arnot