Re: Boronia Rail Crossing

Roderick Smith (rodsmith@werple.net.au) wrote:
: I was phoned at 23.00 with the news that the station is not ready (the
: overhead being the main problem).  Trains will not commence running until
: the first services of Thurs.5.11.
: As at Tuesday afternoon, there were eight buses booked on standby.  While
: peak services require more, there will be a problem obtaining more at this
: time of day.

When I was there they had just the 2 sections of overhead remaining to put up
they were 1/2 way through the one at the Belgrave end and hadn't started the
Bayswater end.

I also heard that the main problem with the overhead was from the union, that is
saftey of switching on and lack of people to install it.

I will be going down again Wednesday morning to see how they are going.

But I was told at midnight it would be midday on Wednesday.

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord